Monday, September 27, 2010

Bad blogger...

I've been such a bad blogger! I'm really sorryyyy!!!!!! I just didn't feel like doing much of anything lately... but I'm back now!
I finished off that dress that I was stuck on... but I don't plan to wear it... because the neckband turned out terribly, so its just a Frankenstein dress. I will be able to use the pattern to make new dresses though, since I was able to fix the problems on the pattern once I had a dress made from it to see what the problems actually were.
Ireally came to love the color, I might just revisit this dress again and cut it off into a top... the hem is too short on this dress to be decent, among other problems.  Don't even get me started on the neckband/ruffles! >
I think I need to lengthen the front bodice too... I think my chest just looks...ugh I need a breast reduction! 
You can't see her in this pic, but my dog is laying down right in front of my mirror, looking very unhappy about having her sleep interrupted to have pictures taken! 
Really Ma? Can't you take your pictures some other time?

Overall, I'm very happy with the way everything turned out, I accomplished what I set out to do, I made a replicate of my favorite dress, but I certainly didn't get it 100% right the first time. I'm definitely going to have to change parts of the pattern, than make another dress to see how the "new" pattern turns out, and then maybe I will have my favorite dress. I have it right now, it just doesn't fit quite like I want it to, and the hems have to be adjusted. Most of the stuff is an easy fix, its not like I'm going back to square one, but I still feel mata mata (still have a long ways to go before perfection). 


Oh yeah....Somethings changed....
Can you spot it????
Its back! Its Back!!!!!!!!!
 I've had my Kenmore for just over a week now, I've already put it to good use- I finished off a super cute skirt...

I just slapped it on over my shorts...pay no attentions to the face behind the camera or the outfit...
Its hard to tell, but the print is tulips (looks like cherries from a distance, doesn't it?)! The fabric is seersucker too, so it just had this awesome summer feel to it, even if tulips are a early spring flower... See the trim? I tried to make the skirt a bit shorter than my previous ones, but I succeeded a bit too much! It was near obscenely short -so I slapped on some eyelet trim, and pulled the "waist" band down on my hips- viola! It works much better now and the trim looks great- I think it looks better with it than without. 

And I am working on a real dress... you know, one thats actually made from a pattern..The pink fabric on the machine is what I'm making it out of. I got the better part of the bodice done this afternoon, maybe I'll finish it by Wednesday... We'll see haha!


****Switching gears here!****
Hmm.... Friday night outfits.... I didn't get a pic of Friday two weeks ago's outfit, and I don't remember what I wore now.... but this last Friday I wore:
AHHHH! Too dark room strikes again! You can barely see me... at least I like how I look in the picture? Normally I take BAD pictures, but I look sorta cute in this one, rather like what the really cute girls who have awesome outfits look like on their blogs... I'm going o have to remember this pose! 
We had super yummy Japanese food that night! 
and then...
We went out randomly one day and I just loved this outfit. Nice and comfy, feminine... too bad my feet disappeared- but in truth thats what I love soooo much about this skirt- its so long! ^.^

Man, what I long post this became.... I wanted to go ahead and get everything out there, so nothing thats "old" news got put off any longer, but now I have no new topics in store.... oh no! I'll think of something, don't worry! ^^


No comments:

Post a Comment